Friday, January 6, 2012

Tech-savvy 3 year old

I am just amazed at what Erika picks up, when she has the inclination to.  When we were on our family trip to the States this past summer, we purchased a portable DVD player.  We thought this would be useful in the car on long trips (i.e. the ride home) and at home occasionally as well.
It sits on the side table, and when Rick and I are into a longer show, or a movie, Erika asks to watch her "little TV".  This past week, she asked, and steadfastly refused help to set it up.  I watched, and took photos instead:
She picked out a DVD to watch out of her "suitcase" of DVDs.  "I watch this one?" she asks me. 

Moved the DVD into place, opened it, then she pushed the "open" button, and put the DVD in.

Asked me, "Triangle button, Mommy?" (the play button) and pushed it.

Then, most amazing of all, without prompting, found the "skip" button and fast-forwarded through all the previews like I always do for her.  What a little sponge.

Of course, with knowledge comes power, and we're finding now when we say no to her watching her "little TV", she'll try and do it anyways on her own.  Unplugging the power cord from it does the trick now, as she hasn't figured the whole "electricity" part out yet.  :)

No comments: