Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Spring" randomness

It's been a while since I posted.  I have no reason why, just that I've been enjoying the lull.  I finished reports and Science Fair with a bang, <insert trumpet flourish> and have been enjoying the turn of climate of the classroom as my teacher candidate takes over for a spell.
I really enjoy taking on teacher candidates.  It makes my teaching career fuller and really makes daily life interesting in the classroom.  I learn a lot from their learning, every year.  New techniques, different strategies, and other ways of teaching that they work into their routine is a trial run that I enjoy and learn a lot from.  It's good for the students as well to learn from someone different for a while; and it lets me see my class through another's eyes.  All in all, it's a very good experience.  My current teacher candidate is here until the break and then 3 weeks after until almost the end of April.
(Erika trying out "big-girl swings with her cousin)

It's feeling like spring here for now, but I'm so positive it is not going to last.  In the time that spring is here we've been enjoying trips to the park with cousins and some outdoor clean-up that is so much needed after the long winter.  Snow will return briefly (there's a call for some coming up on Monday) but then we'll be that much more ahead.  That's fine; I've really been enjoying the weather for what it is, and come what may.


Spring break is around the corner, and there's lots planned!  Rick has the break off too, and I can't wait to have some relaxing and fun times. 

No comments: