Tuesday, March 6, 2012

WHY all on the 6th?

Ever have a few things come up in life, and although most of them are unrelated, all fall on the same day? No? Well, it really hasn't happened to me before, but today it did. 
About a month ago I booked the day that my Science Fair fell on.  I organize the grade 4-6 Science Fair for my school.  I do Science projects with all of my students, and they take forever to complete.  The fair is a celebration of that process; a chance for the students to show off all that they did and learned throughout.  5 classes participate; there were 52 projects in total.  What chaos, wonderful chaos.  I held it in the library this year, and it looked GREAT.  It was a real electric learning community and worth every minute of planning.
Needless to say, the fair was the 6th; set-up in the morning, fair all afternoon.
After school, there was a staff meeting (first Tuesday every month), also just happened to be today the 6th. Not usually a big deal, but this one went on until 5; lots to talk about.
Then there was a daycare board meeting.  (Erika's daycare board, I'm the chair) This meeting was supposed to be last week, and wasn't able to happen then.  Rescheduled for today, the 6th. Easily an hour and a half.
THEN, after the board meeting was the annual AGM for the daycare.  Sceduled 6 weeks ago, just happened to be today.  Not kidding.  As the chair, I had to give a speech.
So, to sum up, I left the house at 7:50am, entered the school at 8am and did not leave the school until 8:30pm. 
All separate events, all scheduled for the 6th.

Popular day.
So far, nothing scheduled for the 7th.  That's a relief.

No comments: