Dance is over for the season, and what a season it was! It was Erika's first try at a class of any sort, and it was so much fun. The year ended for dance with pictures and a recital.
The pictures were last week. All girlies got dressed up in their costumes and went for group and individual photos. I haven't seen the photos yet, but they looked like they had a great time. :)
Then came the recital this weekend. There's no doubt that I was so much more nervous than Erika was....I was trying to relax and not stress her out! She was talking weeks ahead about how excited she was to "dance on stage".
All the younger groups congregated in one very large room to wait until their time to perform. I was very nervous to leave her there....but my fears were unfounded as she did great and amused herself with the bin of activities they had for the girls. Again, more anxiety on my part than hers! I left her there under supervision and made it to my seat a few minutes after the show started. After stepping on a few toes, I made it to my seat. Erika's group was scheduled 19th to perform, about an hour into the show.
She did so amazing! The best, BEST, part was that she was having a blast on stage. She didn't remember all the steps, but made up for that with great enthusiasm. I cried through the whole thing. I'll never forget how much fun she looked to be having.
No comments:
Post a Comment