I haven't blogged in a long time. I don't think there's just one reason- I mean, I like the record I'm making of my life that will last for years to come (I copy and paste as a word doc to save), I like sharing my thoughts, ideas and perspectives with those that want to hear it, and I enjoy writing in general.
All I can say is that I just lost momentum. I'm doing the things that have to be done daily/weekly, then spending time on the easy stuff. I'm not having much left over for the things that take a bit more effort. What I think that I have to remind myself is that when I look back years from now, it's going to be the extras I remember- not the loads of laundry, the finished marking, not the pins I've pinned on Pinterest, or the facebook status.
It's the moments you immortalize. I don't have the best memory (just ask me to remember last year's student's names) so I can't even say that these special moments are safe. I think I need to talk more of the extra things that happen, the special things I want to save for later and the daily happenings I'll get a kick reading about in the future. I need to put as much effort into this for me, as I do for other things less important.
No comments:
Post a Comment