Helping Daddy shovel. he got the driveway, she got the yard. Brilliant.
"By my own." Erika has combined "on my own" and "by myself" into this. Whenever she wants to do something independently, she'll let me know she doing it "By my own".
"Big hug and kiss!" Said emphatically whenever it's bedtime, or at drop off at daycare. After this phrase follows a humming-hug, and a smack wherever her little mouth lands.
"Watch out for Swiper!" Called out to me when I have to leave for meetings at night, run to the store to grab something, or go out for a coffee.
"This mines?" Indicating ownership, of which in her mind, everything is hers.
"I use your phone to play wif? You use Daddy's, no one calls hims." Like mother, like daughter, as Erika has her favorite iPhone games she loves to play on my phone.
"Momma, you happy?" Erika is constantly & seriously concerned about my happiness, and if I respond no, I'm not happy, she'll stop whatever she's doing to present me with a humming-hug, or big smack. She will even stop crying herself if in the middle of an episode to tend to my welfare.
"Sponge bob over?" Yes, my child watches Sponge bob Squarepants. I'm a baaaaaaad parent. :/ This show, being on Nick, has commercials that my 3 year old is not used to. At every commercial, without fail, Erika asks me if her show is over.
"I hungry; <points to her mouth and makes um-um-um noises>" Seriously. Like we wouldn't understand what she means by simply saying "hungry".
"All done nap?" Every morning, this is asked and we have to say yes before she crawls out of bed.
"Let's hide, let's hide!!" After bath, it's tradition for Daddy and Erika to hide under the covers while I get pjs to change into. In a 3 year-old mind, they're invisible to me every time.
"And Mommy toooooooo!" At every tickle session with Daddy, I must enjoy the frivolity too. :) She insists on sharing the fun and taking turns with me. So fun.
Carefully dipping her tempura vegetables.
Love that little girl. I know I say this often, but she's growing up way too fast for my tastes.
No comments:
Post a Comment