Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Morning routines...

Sometimes I think I have nothing to say here.  Nothing outstanding happened on my day, no overt craziness or drama I have to report.  Then I think and realize that my life itself is crazy, dramatic, outstanding and worth reporting on. :)  So I am, and I'm going to tell you about our house in the mornings. 
Granted, it's probably not at all like houses with more than 1 child, or just one parent, but it's definitely a whirlwind for my tastes.  The 1.5-2 hours that we're awake before exiting the house feels like it goes by in the blink of an eye.
Here it is: The alarm rings, I get myself out of bed anywhere from 10-20 minutes after it goes off, I shower/get ready, dress myself and Erika, Rick and I alternate between making lunches for myself and Erika, and gather things needed for the day. Rick's routine is much the same, adding in garbage take-out once a week, starting the car if necessary, and making breakfast for Erika. There never seems to be enough time to take that breath, sip that coffee, or do anything but inhale a bowl of Multigrain Cheerios. 
**I could get up earlier and do such before-mentioned things, but I really enjoy my sleep too much**

However, in contrast, this time is probably the most serene for my little girl.  Upon waking (20-30 min AFTER us), she chooses "friends", a blanket and a pillow to lounge upon the couch with.  She announces her 1 show of choice, and what drink she will begin her day with (usually choc milk).  After about 20 more minutes, she calls to Daddy that she is ready to be fed, and what food that will be. 
Oh, to be 3 years old. *sigh*

No comments: