Today was also the Spring Fling band and choir concert at the school. The day consisted of band/choir practices and a dress rehearsal. For the evening performance, 2 of the 4 grade 6 teachers couldn't make it to supervise, so it was left on the most part to myself and another to contain 100 grade 6s before, during and after the concert. There was one point in the concert where the 7 and 8s were singing and the 6s out of the performance room. We kept them in the next room, the smaller gym of the school. Now, if you've ever been around LARGE groups of adolescents, you know that their energy is multiplied when together. Imagine 100 of them in the same space for 25ish minutes. OMG. They were crazy. I THOUGHT that they couldn't be heard in the performance space, but the noise of them (which was considerable) was leaking out a bit through the back doors. After a bit, I had an aggravated parent come up to me and the other teacher, asking who was supervising the rowdy group. Now, it being 8:30 at night, I probably was not with it enough to respond correctly. I calmly looked at him and said; "Well, me, but it got too loud to be in there."
He was not amused; I promptly got the motley crew to simmer down. *Whoops* All ended well, great music was sang and played (Star Wars and Spiderman theme, along with a Journey compilation and Queen too. Awesome!).
Ahhhh, spring at last around here. A pic of Erika in one of her new springy outfits is in order:
Such a little lady!
I promise to get some outside pics taken soon, as we're spending lots of play time
out of doors with the warm weather.
1 comment:
Truthfully, I would have done the same thing with the kids... get out while the gettin is good and .. hope for the best! Do you think this parent could have done any better?? You probably .. and do.. spend more time with their children than they do.
On a second note, your child, My grand daughter is simply gorgeous! Much like her mother!
Post a Comment