Sunday, May 22, 2011

Holiday weekend fun! **and car repair update**

Heloooooooo holiday weekend!  There are so many factors stacked against me for not having a good weekend, yet, I am.  Erika these days has been prone to extreme moodiness, resulting in tantrums at the slightest provocation, Rick's suffering from the dreaded man-cold, the car is just out of the shop with a very large repair bill, and the weather was not cooperating for outdoor play.
YET, I rise to the challenge!!  Saturday morning I went with Erika to my sister's for some visiting and a mall walk- which only resulted in 2 full-blown tantrums.  :)  The rest of the time was a lot of fun.  You even find humor in these situations; like when your daughter is screaming full-volume and you just happen to run into a coworker AND a friend.  Yikes.  Winnipeg really is too small at times.
Saturday afternoon was lovely.  Whilst Erika ate then napped with Ricky watching over her, I indulged in a coffee and mani/pedi.  LOVELY.  See?:
Pumiced feet, and pretty toes.  :)
 
Then I headed to Superstore to shop unencumbered by child.  Still fun,although it was grocery shopping.   Sunday morning brought a visit out to Grandma's house for a brunch of waffles, strawberries and whipped cream. Omg, so good.  For a while now, I've been considering cutting Erika's hair.  She often gets small knots because of the fineness, and cries daily about brushing.  It breaks my heart to have to put her through something like that unnecessarily.  So, after much heartache (for I LOVE the girly-girl look), my mother cut about 2.5 inches off the bottom. It was hard, but I think it will be so much cooler for her for the summer, and less struggle every morning.
So, to compensate loosing the long hair, when we went to Costco I bought her two flowery sundresses for the summer.  :) 
AND...THERE'S STILL ONE MORE DAY TO GO!!  So, technically, isn't this Saturday night all over again?  Niiiiiice.

**More on the "flashing engine light": Turns out, the car's 2/4 spark plugs were misfiring (not covered for replacement), and something called a piston or cylendar head was replaced (covered under power train warranty).  Even with the coverage, we're down about $500.  Could be worse, I guess.
 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You have such a cute daughter Torrie! Glad you're having a good weekend in spite of the challenges. I may have to do a pedi today myself!