I am into the haze known as CAP. I do admit I feel better, now that I've started. My Language Arts assessment is almost completed (dictation to be done tomorrow) although I have not looked at the reading assessments yet. In fact, the plastic has not come off the package yet. I make no apologies. :) Let's not mention that after the administration is the tedious grading.
Today I attended a mandatory meeting for all administers of CAP in the division. I was expecting new strategies, or changes that were to be implemented; but it was just another booklet to add to the pile and mass of PowerPoint slides of math-speak. Grouping students, rich Math questions, strategies for assessment we've been told before.
It was a long morning. The bag of Jelly Bellys helped immensely, as did the danish at break-time.
I got back to the school to face an afternoon of no preps and dealt with a barrage of student petty issues when I just wanted to teach.
teach. that's all I want to do, and it seems everything keeps getting in the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment