This weekend is very low key, on purpose. A birthday party on Friday, a get-together to the Farmer's Market and some back to school shopping with Arielle on Saturday, and some lasagna-making on Saturday night to stock our freezer.
We make lasagnas often en masse, as making one is as easy as making 4. Then there's fodder in our freezer for those days when no one wants to cook (it happens!!). We vary between making Rick's authentic tomato, meat, spinach and ricotta lasagna and a very popular Alfredo, pesto, chicken & spinach lasagna. If we're lucky, we'll have a couple of each in our freezer so we have choice, and enough to give away or make for awaiting friends and family. Going back to school next week, I'm sure there will be a lot of those days where a ready dinner is appreciated. So this was our Saturday night:
Four lasagnas ready for our freezer. Rick's lasagnas are very popular at friend and family gatherings...everyone raves about them. When we put them together, he does the majority of the prep work (sauce, layer ingredients, etc), Rick and I assemble together, and I clean up. Everything. Those that know Rick know that he is not a "clean-as-you-go" chef. When he leaves the kitchen, it's like a tornado hits it. There is inevitably a dishwasher full of dishes, in addition to pots and bowls and pans to clean. *sigh* So this was my Saturday night, AFTER the lasagnas were done:
Just a small amount of the cleaning. (dishwasher, floors and counter were already finished) Everyone raves to Rick when he gives/makes his lasagnas for them, but remember those behind-the-scenes people; we're a team. :)
1 comment:
I appreciate you T. It's not that I can't clean after myself, you just make it look easy. It makes my lasagna taste all the more better knowing there is someone like you helping me out. :)
Post a Comment