Just checking in! It's been busy and stressful at times this week. In the school division I work for, we have an assessment process called CAP. (Comprehensive Assessment Program) It happens every year from Nursery-Grade 6. It's lengthy, rarely useful to me in the classroom, and very stressful, as it must be completed by the end of October. For those unfamiliar, CAP is a testing process in the subject areas of ELA and Math in my grade. It requires lengthy questioning (sometimes individually, mostly small group or large group), then scoring, then recording then reporting. It was already a very intensive process, then this year they added a reading assessment factor, making another individual interview necessary for each student. Yikes. Remember, regular teaching also must happen during this time too, in all 5 subject areas.
This CAP is the one aspect of my job I hate. Hate is a strong word, and I am using it here. I find the whole situation very frustrating and stress-filled. Once I get into the whole process starting the 3rd week of September (like NEXT WEEK), starting with refresher training, the stress alleviates a bit. Right now, I'm feeling like it's an impossible task to get done in the time that has been given.
I've been up nights- actually, more like I wake up 2-3am ish and can't get back to sleep. Dreading large tasks like this weigh heavily. As I said, I get better as I get into the task and get some done... but Oct 31st is already my little black raincloud date. Yikes. I CAN'T WAIT until November!!
No comments:
Post a Comment