Sunday, December 11, 2011

Isn't downhill faster than uphill?

Ok.  So I turned 36 a few days ago.  Today was the day I celebrated with family, and it feels like I'm really there.  By "there" I mean no longer early 30s, or even mid-way though my 30s.  I'm LATE 30s.  I'm closer to 40 than 30, and not liking that too much.  :/  Guess it's reality, it happens to everyone, but it's hard.
It was a fabulous day, though.  I feel quite unworthy of the showering of attention I got on my day, and for the wonderful family gathering we had here today. 
Rick got me a beautiful cake, and remembered all my favorite colors.  :)

Yup, everyone sang. 


The best moment was after the singing was done, Erika reached over, put her hand on mine, and looked at me and said "Happy Birthday Mommy."  In a really quiet voice.  It was lovely.  

Yikes, 36. 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

But you make 36 look good! Wishing you the happiest of years ahead, friend - hugs! :)