Well, I pleased to report that Erika did wonderfully, as expected, and Rick and I did too, with almost constant mention to each other how much we missed her. :) We compensated for this by finishing her Christmas shopping and also purchasing snacks and surprises for her upon our arrival home. It was a great couple days filled with shopping, shopping, napping, shopping, relaxing, eating, soaking in the in-room jacuzzi (yeah baby), shopping then eating some more at places without a kids menu. It was really nice to have that reconnect time with Rick and getting most of the Christmas shopping out of the way. Despite being "black Friday Weekend" there wasn't many deals to be had other than the big electronic price cuts. I'm happy with what we purchased, and it made for a very nice time.
Erika had a great time with her Grandma. Although I think it was very busy for my mother. :) (Thanks again!!) They decorated cookies, went grocery shopping, made a snowman, visited relatives, ate dinner out... *whew* Plus, Grandma also brought Owen with her, and Erika was so excited to have another house guest. I'm surprised he wasn't invited into her bed at night!
Loving on Owen, following him everywhere
Diving into Grandma's cookies!
Playing, all dressed up.
What I enjoyed most about going on an overnight trip without the 3 year old:
-Eating anytime we wished, without copious snacks in between
-Going to bed later than 10, knowing that a sleep-in is possible
-Napping
-Eating pizza with more than 2 toppings
-Silence in the car
-Leisurely shopping
-Being able to really get to miss her
And the best thing about going without Erika was the welcome we got upon picking her up from Daycare on Monday. I have never seen a larger smile on my little girlie's face, or a longer hug. I was also pleased that she slipped right back into routine, no anxiety going to bed or doing our normal thing when getting home. It was very nice.
I think we'll do it again, although maybe somewhere just to do the "relaxing" part and bring Erika to do the shopping and hotel trips. She likes shopping and the other things a trip abroad brings; and I like having her around too!
No comments:
Post a Comment