Friday, April 8, 2011

Looking ahead, and the downhill slide.

Spring break is the factor.  After the break, it all is a slide towards the end of the school year.  There is always so much going on in April, May and June that you don't ever have time to breathe and time really flies. 
To give non-educators an insight;  the last 3 months is the culminating of work for student-led conferences, planning/taking many outdoor field trips, spending of school budgets, drama and fixation on how your job/position could change for the next year, teaching family life in Health, and of course dealing with spring and the mess and twitterpated pre-teens.
Main Entry: twitterpated
Part of Speech: adj
Definition: confused by affection or infatuation
Yeah.  So, really, my week went by in a blink.  Also, to make matters worse (or better, as you look at it) I'm away for 5 teaching days this month for various professional development days.  Crazy!  This is my life for the last 3 months of school.  I LOVE IT.
I love the fact that everything is getting out of the winter doldrums, everyone is coming alive, and students get more and more animated as summer approaches.  With a lot of the basics taught in Math and Language Arts, and classroom routines firmly in place already, this is the time students shine- I see amazing growth with the confidence they have gained.  They joke around more, they're comfortable around classmates, I know them well, and we have a good relationship.  The days get longer and there's sunshine left when I get home from school.  It's awesome.  :)

1 comment:

barbara said...

I am so proud of you, as a teacher and daughter! Don't ever let your outlook change about your job and the children you teach. Its like watching your little one grow more amazing every day, how wonderful!!