Thankfully, I am not a Superstore frequenter. I am usually on my own (Rick cares not for it) and have Erika with me to go grocery shopping, and that place is not condusive to 1 parent and active 2 year old. I very much prefer Safeway, and am willing to pay the little extra to let Erika race up and down the aisles without much fear of her being bowled down by crowds. (not to mention they have Starbucks...) I enjoy the clothes and specialty items at Superstore, but will only venture there on off-times, and without child. Today, as I heard from many, Superstore had a "no tax" event, and you couldn't convince me to go there; even if they had a "no pay for anything" event. Have I ever mentioned my slight claustrophobia? Yikes, crowds scare me. At Safeway, I bought some spring flowers to brighten up the house; Erika enjoyed them. :)
After Safeway, whilst my lovely husband was home cleaning the house, I headed to a friend's house to sort through possible clothing buys for Erika. Wow, was it a find. I got her next wardrobe of pajamas, many summer choices, and spring/fall clothes too. Amazing. I'm still on a shopping high.
THEN, the family came over. Rick prepared an amazing meal the consisted of philo wrapped chicken with a sauteed onion, chevre and rosemary filling, and the amazing spinach and feta risotto. Broccoli salad (with almonds, red onion, raisins...Mmmmm) brought by my mother. My sister, who is known for her elaborate and delicious desserts, made a trifle that was a work of art. Layers of chocolate cake, pudding, whipped cream, and cherries all topped with skor bits. Wow... you want some. She left me the leftovers- she must like me a whole lot. :) It was an amazing meal- I don't think I'm ever going to eat again.
It was an great day.
I have to tease you with a picture of the trifle...
1 comment:
It was a great meal..wasn't it!! Lucky you, you got the leftovers.. LOL
Post a Comment