Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What a difference!

What a difference the weather makes.  Over the past 5 days, the weather has turned around, keeping positive overnight, and going up to double digits during the day.  Erika and I have made a couple trips to our local playground already, and what a change a year makes.  The very 1st time we went, she fearlessly climbed to the high twisty slide without assistance.  I was stunned.  The last time we were there (about late Oct or so) she would NEVER do that.  In fact, she needed me to climb up to the small slide with her.  It just shows me that her confidence and steadiness of foot has advanced so much since then.  It's difficult to see progress when you're around them every day, but this is really obvious.  Next time we head there I promise to take photos!  She blows my mind.
Also, with the disappearance of the snow, my allergies have come on full-force.  I have a sensitivity to snow mold and ragweed, which makes Spring and Late Summer very difficult; I feel like I have a cold in the mornings and evenings.  Not during the day, however, when I'm inside.  Annoying to say the least!  It's minor enough not to want to medicate (dry itchy cough and stuffiness) but enough to irritate. :/
Student-led conferences tomorrow. It's a chance for the students to show off what they've learned and done this year.  It's A LOT of work for me before hand- selection of work samples, writing of reflections, and finishing projects.  The day if student-led, however, it just makes for a long day! The idea is for parents to came and celebrate their child's accomplishments and progress, and not hear me drone on and on.  We'll see how it goes!! 

No comments: