Oversize Adirondack chair as you enter the playground
I really enjoyed my day today! A whole group of us went this morning to enjoy the new play area at Assiniboine Park for the first time. It was a really good time. I've been there with my class in June, so I knew what to expect, but I hadn't brought Erika yet this summer. I wasn't sure how she would handle it, as new experiences are not her thing, but she did awesome!
Sand area in the foreground here, play structures, saucer swings and climbing stuff in the back.
CROWDS everywhere.
For the first half hour, she had a serious death grip on my hand, but she soon got into playing and was really enjoying herself. In addition to the swings, slides and climbing apparatus, they have a unique area at the park that is beach-like with sand and concrete channels for water. The water is controlled by a hand-pump and other child-friendly apparatus. The channel ends in a small pool of water where water toys can be filled up, and serious wading occur. I didn't think this area would appeal to Erika, but this was the spot she stayed. She delighted in filling up a watering can in the small pool, then running and cooling off Mama's feet.
**insert high-pitched girly giggles here**
It was great. After changing into dry clothes, we admired the flowers on the way out, and got home in time for lunch. Next time, and there will be a next time, we'll go earlier to try and avoid the OMG crowds congregating about 10:30-11, and also visit the duck pond and more flower gardens. Did I mention it all was FREE?!? I love free stuff.
Pretty girl, pretty flowers.
No comments:
Post a Comment