Thursday, July 7, 2011

Warm summer sun-showers!

Today was a trip out to my parent's place in Selkirk, to visit with my brother who's in town with his fiance, and a lazy afternoon at home.  Danny also came to our place for dinner tonight, which was really nice!  In the afternoon, it was just Erika and I puttering around the house.  She napped for a bit on the way home from Selkirk, so she didn't lie down like she normally does.  This brought on a wonderful lethargy on both our parts where I enjoyed a very cuddly daughter.  A summer weather system also blew past us, and multiple sun showers happened throughout the afternoon.  It was so warm outside that the rain was a wonderful relief!  During one of these pours, I suggested to Erika that we go outside to watch on out covered porch.  You might have thought I suggested that we strip naked and run around outside screaming!  She looked at me as if I was nuts; (you see, at daycare, NO ONE goes out when it's raining!!) but went along with it.  This is VERY unusual for my over-cautious child.  We had a lot of fun:

 At first, trying to cover her head from the rain!
(we gave up on this in a bit)
 Catching raindrops off the roof.
 Delighted that she could take off her socks and walk in the warm rain. Oh, the simple pleasures in life..
 Spending time with a friend outside, appropriately named "Froggy". She told him all about the rain...
 Then gave him a kiss.  :)
No, not crying or even upset, just wet from the rain!! 
 
Watching footprints disappear.
We had a great time!!

No comments: