Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dear August,

You arrive and I think there's still more than half of summer left; there's nothing to worry about.  Yet, often I do.  August, you're scary in ways.  I almost want to start the school countdown the minute you get here.  I miss your predecessor July, it feels so different, but I'm so happy you're you and you still mean fun summer times. 
I enjoyed you this year; you brought lovely weather to enjoy, and great times with family and friends.  I enjoyed as much of you as I could, that is, until unfortunate events brought the summer frolicking and carefree plans to an abrupt end, and "Summer Torrie" to change her tune and become dependant on others.
Don't leave yet, August.  I'm not done summer.  I feel I got cheated out of the best part of you, the sweetest days where you squeeze in as much summer fun as you can before life returns to a normal routine. The days are still long, the weather balmy and there's plans yet to do.  Must you go?
-Torrie

No comments: