Monday, August 22, 2011

Get ready, Get set, GO!

That will sum up this week.  I have a daunting schedule filled with lots of challenges, lots of exciting events, and it will be EXHAUSTING.  Good thing I have lots of help too.  :)  Today is my 1st trip to the school to check out my new classroom, supposedly freshly cleaned and waxed, to direct what furniture goes, and what boxes are ready to be moved.  (Not by me!!)
Tomorrow brings a long-awaited trip to the orthopedic surgeon, to assess the state of my broken bone.  I'm very anxious to know where I stand (so to speak) and how long this misstep will continue to impact my life.  I'm hoping for a removable boot that I can weight-bear upon, which will make it so much easier to get around.  Right now I'm getting around with crutches for shorter trips and a rented wheelchair for around the house and longer ventures away from home.  I want to go back a week ago and pay attention to where I was stepping. :/
The rest of the week is just as crazy with MOVING DAY happening Wednesday.  I'm moving classrooms, and so many wonderful people have responded to the all-call I put out to move my copious teaching materials from room 145 to room P7. It will be a huge undertaking, but I think it can be done.  I'll organize/sort/arrange the week after, but I need to get out of 145 to let the new teacher move in and start her organize/sort/arrange. 
Thursday and Friday I'm taking a short seminar put on by the provincial Government to teach about the provincial election happening in October.  I signed up for this back in June, and it isn't the most ideal timing, but it's a commitment I'll keep.  The teaching materials will be very helpful for this teaching year, and I think I'll be happy I did it. 
**Whew**  That's my week.  Wish me luck!!
I'll leave you with a picture of Erika and I taken at Kildonan Park right before all this drama.  :) 

No comments: