Saturday, August 27, 2011

I think I can, I think I can...

Perseverance.  I think I have it, at times I know I do, and others I doubt myself.  Today, though, the example of perseverance came from my Erika.  *sigh* That little one has to have EVERYTHING her parents do when it comes to eating and mealtimes.  her favorite question and statement at the dinner table is; "What you have? Me too!!"

From as soon as she was able, she ate what we had, without complaint. Food is her thing, just like her parents.  LOVES vegetables, willing to try new textures and tastes (no, she doesn't like them all, but she tries).  Today we might have pushed eating to a new level- we stopped in at Polo Park food court for lunch.  Erika's most favorite thing to have for a meal is Chinese, particularly sesame chicken, chow mien and stir-fry veg.  Sitting across from her father, who was having Thai food and was eating with chopsticks, she gets the idea in her head she's going to eat with them too.  Rick handed her the pair he had brought for me, and here is the chronicle unfolding, in pictures:

(see captions under each picture)

Examining the chopsticks.  "Huh.  I can eat with these too."

 Fitting them into 1 hand, like Daddy. "Concentrate, Erika, we can do this."
Success!! We're able to pick up a bean sprout and get it to our mouth!!

Another bite!  This one significantly more content.

More attempts- please note the copious amounts of noodles spilling off the plate,
and how 1 chopstick is now backwards.

 We're done trying the chopsticks and now are eating with our hands. 
 "That was entirely too much work, and I am sooooo hungry!!"

Perseverance.  That's my Erika.  :)
 

1 comment:

barbara said...

That's just too funny !! Yaa Erika for trying so hard, must have been great to watch, would have liked to have been there. Love her.