Just like that, everything changes. In a misstep off a concrete stair, I broke a bone in my foot. It was dark, I was distracted, I misjudged where the step was. My weight landed so awkwardly on one foot that it bent and it snapped the bone on the outside of my left foot. It broke about an inch above the pinkie toe joint; if it had been a little higher, I would have needed surgery to set it. As it is, I'm in a temporary cast for the swelling to go down, and will be in a regular cast next week, and for 4 weeks beyond that.
This changes EVERYTHING. I have a classroom to move, a child to care for, a summer to finish, a life to live. The simplest thing is now a struggle, and I have to rely on so many other people to do things I once did with ease. Rick has been wonderful. I need help with so much right now... it's depressing.
What is stressing me out most at this point is my classroom. I have to move rooms this year- all my supplies, my binders, my books. I have had several offers of help, but I am just SO UPSET I can't do it myself. I want to. I can't. :( I'm whining.
So there you go. My family and friends are amazing, I feel loved and supported and cared for. I just think this really sucks.
3 comments:
Hugs and love, my friend. Hugs and love.
I'm with Shannon - hugs and love! Sending healing thoughts your way hon! :)
I know, I'm like you, I can't stand to ask for help. But last year, I had to ask you all for help and you did so brilliantly and it made things easier. Amber and Mike looked after Alexander, while you, Karen and Dianne took on Helena. I couldn't have done it without you and it really made me appreciate that sometimes it is ok to ask for help. I think you should take advantage of it, makes you appreciate who your real friends are. :) Hang in there, hope your mood improves soon!
Post a Comment