Monday, October 24, 2011

Guest recruitment?

This past weekend it was "bring a friend" to dance class for one of Erika's little friends from daycare.  The class was at a division of the Royal Winnipeg Dance Conservatory, and right down the street.  I've been thinking about getting Erika into a class/sport of some sort soon, so I thought I'd try it out to see how it was...and if Erika would let go of me long enough to enjoy it.  (I had some serious doubts.)
I thought it might suit her, as she loves dancing in the living room, especially when we watch a bit of "Dancing with the Stars" together; she mimics the moves and spins, and claps for the dancers when they're done.  I was hoping this enthusiasm would transfer to a different setting.
It did.  :)
I was so proud of my usually VERY timid and cautious girlie.  She was following instructions with a very large smile on her face.  She often looked to me for reassurance, but so enjoyed herself!  She loved it so much that I decided to enroll her in the class.  :)  Next Saturday begins an until June session of intro to Ballet and Tap.  It will be very welcome in the cold winter months where we're stuck inside, and Erika gets to take the class with a good friend. 
So, we had to do a little shopping to prepare.  Ballet and tap shoes had to be bought (still looking for the toddler tap shoes) and a dance outfit of some kind (they're not too picky at this stage).  I found a perfect 3 piece ensemble at Walmart, and ballet shoes there too.  Erika couldn't wait to come home and try it all on:
We're fluffing our skirt here...

Then we had to examine the jewel details on the bodysuit...

After that, I couldn't get her to stop "dancing" around the house.  :)

Oh, I'm not sure what I'm starting here, but it will be very cute. 

1 comment:

calicogirl said...

So sweet!!! I love dance, and I love Erika - I can only imagine how incredible the two will be together! :)