Tuesday, October 18, 2011

More than half done.

October is more than half done.  YAY!  Now, I know you all are wondering how my CAP testing is progressing, how I am working though my reading assessments, and how I'm surviving it all.

Right?!??

Okay...perhaps, just perhaps, you all have better things to do than ponder my life, my stress level, my itsy-bitsy issues.  But I'll tell you how it's going anyways.  :)

Not bad. Really.  My ELA CAP is finished, the testing portion of my Math CAP is done, and I've started my reading assessments.  I still have all the bubble sheets that go to the division to do for Math, and I've really only done 3 reading assessments out of my 29, but I'm feeling okay.  There's progress, at I'm happy with that.  I have until the 30th to finish up my sheets for the division, and then a week after that to finish the reading assessments AND do my report cards.  No problem.  :P

Really, though, my stress level has been manageable and I haven't woken up at 3am to contemplate the world in a few nights.  I'm still very much looking forward to November when all this testing and required assessment is finished and I can get back into some enjoyable teaching. Although, I very much enjoyed the election unit I just finished and the inquiry-based science unit I'm starting.  Lit circles are working very well with my class, and Math is going well enough too.  I like my group this year, large as they are.  :) 

This week and next brings more reading testing with some support coverage whilst I take care of it, and some fun Halloween activities too.  I'm sure it really will fly by! 

No comments: