Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thankful; yet sooooooooo full.

Thanksgiving.  Just getting back from a huge-normous meal at my parents place artfully created by my mother and my husband- not to forget dessert by my sister, I feel like I'm going to pop if I ever eat again.  Before I inundate the blogging world with fall pictures of leaves, family and food, I want to do a little soul-searching and make a quick list of what I am thankful for in my life.  Not original, I understand, but makes me appreciate the little (and not-so-little) things I may often overlook.

What I am thankful for this Thanksgiving 2011:
**Not in any particular order**
1.  My family, both living in my house and not.
2.  My friends.
3.  Dragging your feet through crunchy fall leaves.
4.  That woodsy-smell in the mornings.
5.  Geese flying overhead.
6.  A well-made Starbucks coffee.
7.  A job I look forward to going to.
8.  Not having to come home and figure out what to make for dinner.
9.  Being able to be very productive during down times at work, so as not to have to bring a lot of schoolwork home.
10.  My low-maintenance lovebird.
11.  Fuzzy hoodies in the Fall.
12. Pumpkin muffins with cream cheese filling.
13. Optimistic people in my life.
14. Getting lost in a great book.
15.  Sleeping in.
16.  Having a daughter that lets you sleep in.
17.  An offer to make me a cup of tea.
18.  Trail mix.
19.  Quality writing materials.
20.  An engine light that stays off after a small engine fix.
21.  A country I'm proud to live in.
22.  Unstoppable giggles.
22.  My health.
23.  Dreams that keep you dreaming.

That's about it for now.  I know that a lot of the items on my list today are small, indulgent or odd, but it's the little everyday things in life that make you happy.  I, like everyone, wish for love, health, wealth and happiness, but I ALSO want all those little things in between. 

Pictures of fall festive frolics to follow.  :)

No comments: