Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hungry little ones..

I'm trying to keep my distance from the nest at this point, as I would hate for Mama Robin to keep HER distance!  I couldn't resist one peek today with my camera, hoping to see the little birds reaching for food. I was not disappointed:

Lookit those little beaks!  Too sweet.  I have seen Mama fly in frequently, so, so far they are not being neglected.  (Not that there's anything I can do about it if they were...) There is some peace of mind, at least. This is really a fascinating experience.  Today also brought a very nice visit with my parents at their place out in Selkirk.  I love how old relationships come out (good or bad) when visiting parents as an adult- especially if your spouse is not around.  My father was his old self today (in a wonderful way), going to get my favorite cinnamon buns moments before my arrival, then taking my car keys halfway through my visit to wash and detail my car.  (all the while tsking about the state I keep it in). He'll never change, and that's alright with me.  :) My mother the same, comforting and "mother"y, with me and my little girly.  It's nice to have that ultra-comfy relationship with them. 
Good day, other than the ongoing cold/cough from Erika.  (Although it's already better than it was on Friday!!!)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh that sounds so nice! Glad you had a good day/visit and that Erika's feeling better already. :)

calicogirl said...

That made me tear up, but I'm a big ol' sap these days. I cry at everything!

A couple of interesting facts about robins since you know how I am about them... *clearsthroatcoughcoughlol* It's a myth that a bird will not have anything to do with its young if you interact with it because they have a very poor sense of smell. I wouldn't suggest playing with the babies, but some photo taking will be fine. Also - did you know it's typically the Daddy that tends to the nest? Mama will go to another nest and lay more eggs! I love robins. You are lucky! I have my fingers crossed for you!