After we switched Erika to her toddler bed with no mobile to watch and listen to, she constantly asked for "muzit?" at bedtime. I took a clock radio (that we had from the late-night feeding days where obsessive me HAD to know the time) and just set it to "sleep" so it would play for an hour on a radio station, then turn off. This hasn't been good enough. There has been may times she's woken up in the wee hours and I hear a soft "Mama? Muzit, please." coming from her room.
Enter technology. My daughter now has a better sound system in her room than I have in mine. We had a small ipod (not good enough for her father) and bought a dock with speakers to go along with it. The dock charges the ipod, plugs in, and sounds amazing. It will play songs on shuffle all the way through the play list, then stop. This way, we can get the songs playing for longer than an hour. The best part? It's pretty too:
It's an opaque cube that cycles colors, so it acts like a nightlight too.
The colors don't show up great in the pics, but it goes through about 7 colors, in a pattern, or gradually fading from color to color, or you can pick just one. Awesome, and Erika LOVES it.
Might I add, Rick had the best time downloading Disney songs for Erika. He said it was more fun that songs he normally looks for for himself. :) I caught him listening to the collections he got fer her later on. :) (For those that know Rick well, though, this shouldn't come at much of a surprise, as he's a HUGE Disney fan).
I'm sure that this will not be the only similarity I will see in the following years. Soon, I'm sure she'll be a big WoW and MTG fan too. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment