*Whew* I need another weekend from my weekend. :) After the family gatherings on Friday night and Saturday afternoon and a night out for me on Saturday, I thought Sunday would give me time to recuperate. Not really, as Erika started coughing late Saturday night and was up a bit. This brought on a full-blown cold for all day Sunday. It started out to be a dreary day, so a day spent indoors was probably a good idea. The afternoon I spent on laundry and report cards and trying to get Erika to eat with a diminished appetite. THEN, the sun came out and Erika became a bit perkier. Off Rick went to the garden center to buy the bedding plants and we got the garden started!!
As the sun didn't make an appearance until 2ish, so we didn't finish planting/watering until 5. Quick dinner (ordered in) and that was the day!
Here's a quick "weekend in pictures" tour:
Saturday was a day for bubbles! After receiving these from grandma on Friday, I can't keep Erika away from them. With the large wand, she can just wave it in the air to make the bubbles.
(She's not very good at blowing on the wand without eating bubble solution!!)
In our garden...BROCCOLI!
(It doesn't show up great here, but the little plants have the cutest purple tinted leaves)
Rows of carrots, red onions, cucumber, broccoli, herbs and a few tomato plants.Herbs, trying something new this year, and leaving them in their little pots.
Basil, thyme and one lonely parsley.
The biggest surprise of the day, the prettiest little blue egg in the robin's nest in the front bush. Mama robin watched us very carefully from a distance the whole time we were outside today.
I'm not sure I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow. Good thing we're well into June already!!
No comments:
Post a Comment