As probably with most people, this time of the year it is so very hard to find time to breathe. It would also take me a very, very long time to detail the happenings, so here's the highlights!
Thursday: A spontaneous trip to the mall after my planned outing was cancelled. It was a great time, and a few purchases were made to make it even better. After a mediocre dinner in the food court, we strolled past another few shops. Whilst I was investing in our future with a lottery ticket, Rick surprised me by sneaking into a shop and coming out with these:
LOVELY. They were a total surprise, and look even better in real life. Love that man.
Friday: Brought a field trip with my class for some bumper boats and go carts, for which we had lovely weather, and an evening spent in with a friend while Rick spent his out with friends. Good times. No,I have no pictures to document, but as we indulged in some libations, you probably wouldn't see them even if we did take them!!
Saturday: A wonderfully full day. Erika and I enjoyed the pristine, bug-free weather on a trip to our favorite park down the street. This year has brought a lot of confidence in my little cautious girlie, and she's enjoying a lot more fun things at the park. Last year, she wouldn't go near the swings or the big slide, and those are her favorites now.
The smile says it all! Today was also a planned outing to Pine Ridge Hollow with my mother to celebrate a milestone birthday. We don't have enough quiet time together (never, in fact) and this was a great suggestion to do. We had a scrumptious lunch, toured and purchased from the gift shop, and visited the bedding plant nursery there. Very nice, girly afternoon! Upon returning home, after a small nap (LOVE THOSE) we indulged again in a pre-dinner treat:
Erika picking out her own flavor- rainbow, of course!! In the evening, while winding down, I happened to glance out my dining room window and see the oddest sight, which I then call to Rick to "HURRY, HURRY, BRING THE CAMERA!" :
A hot air balloon, maybe clearing the house by 30ft. This was much higher than I 1st saw it at, so I'm not sure if it was landing or taking off. It was so close we waved to the people in the basket, and they waved back. Crazy!!
Sunday: This was a birthday party in honor of my Mother. Very nice afternoon family gathering! On the way through Selkirk we had to stop for a slurpee, and Erika was quite content to sit in the breeze on the deck, on her favorite chair at Grandma's house, and sip her drink, stolen from her mother. :(
I never got it back. *sigh* It was a very nice time. Happy birthday Mother!!!
So begins another week tomorrow. Another 14 days with my students until the end of the year- it's just flying by!!


No comments:
Post a Comment