This is a bit of an update on a couple touched-upon topics already. Just to remind, Erika often feels the need to scavenge for items to bring to bed with her, and when I tell her it's bedtime, I have to stop her from carting whatever she's playing with at the time into bed with her. This night pictured below I found in bed with her her baby's plastic bed. No baby, just the bed. I tried ever-so-gently to pry it from her fingers in order to give my little girl more room, but that resulted in her- still in deep sleep, clutching said bed in a death grip. I left her as-is.
We're considering getting her a single bed instead of a toddler-size one, just so that she'll have more room when she carts her many treasures. My fear is that this will just encourage her to bring MORE stuff.
So, for the past few days I've been peeking at the birdies as I've passed by. The heat and rain here lately has made this bush in front of my house VERY dense, so getting a clear look is difficult. Today, I looked more carefully, and one of my fears from my peeks was confirmed- there are only 2 baby robins in the nest now. The bush being so dense, I can't tell whether they fell out or something else happened, and that's probably a good thing I can't! The two that are there seem quite alert, and have many feathers along with multiplying in size.
One is peering at me here, the other is right behind him, facing the same way, beak hidden behind a leaf. I am sad that 2 of the babies are gone, but happy that the same fate did not happen to them all.
Today was the last day of the 2011-2012 school year. My students were great this year, and I'm sorry to have the school year end for that reason. Next school year brings many new challenges, and a larger class size along with it. I am apprehensive, but happy that I get there multiple weeks off to recharge, regroup and get ready to jump in with both feet. Bring on "Summer Vacation Torrie"!!
No comments:
Post a Comment