I took the day. A day where I needed time to take care of me. Erika went to daycare, Rick went to work, and I stayed home. I felt slightly icky and tired, but mostly I needed time and quiet. Selfish? Yes. Needed? Also yes. Am I better for it? You betcha- I'll now make it to spring break!! About 2:00 I was ready for Rick and Erika to get home- daytime TV really is lacking at that point. :)
On another note, as Erika was leaving with Rick this morning to daycare, she looks at me waving goodbye in the doorway, turns to Rick and says "Mama happy see Erika soon." Wow, that's a full sentence. My 2 year old just formed and articulated a full thought, complete with an abstract concept. (There's the teacher in me coming out- no doubt it MUST be report card time...)
Language development is so fascinating; Erika's now saying alternate words to which she already had, for example; "sure" or "OK" instead of "yes". I think that's really a turning point- I mean, it's no longer a necessity thing of "needing" to find the word in order to be understood. Kind of like need vs. want. The most fascinating part of it is that because of daycare, it's not always up that teaches her these little gems, so we really are surprised when I ask if she wants an orange, and I get an "Okay, Mama!". We're still missing a few key sounds like the hard c, t, l, and r, but it's all coming in good time. So fun.
1 comment:
I love it when you get to take a day (or 8ish hours) to just do what YOU want. Way to go! And good for Erika - she's such a smart cookie!! :D
Post a Comment