I had a great day. The days leading up to break are often hard, because teaching must be done up until then. Lessons must be taught, practice done, tests written. The last day, however, is for fun. I warn the students that the morning is for wrapping up business, and the afternoon for fun. I tell them that the morning work has to be completed in order for the afternoon planned activities to happen. As result of this, the last day always goes very well.
Today I planned a Wii activity, using the 3 systems the school has. I projected one onto my overhead screen, and the other 2 on TVs in the same room. The overhead screen had "Dance Dance Revolution" playing, with Mario Cart and Wii Sports on the other. It was a HIT. The kids had a blast- the music from Dance dance revolution was infectious, and students duelled it out. (Or, in their language, "versed" each other...I CANNOT tell you the loathe I have for the word "versus" used as a verb. Don't get me started.) It would have been much easier to play a movie. This was a lot of work and planning and negotiations to get 2 coveted TVs on the final afternoon. Soooooo worth it.
(Just sayin', I won the tennis match I had against 2- 11 year old boys. That's riiiiight...)
After school, I had some serious retail therapy with my sister. It was awesome- had coffee, strolled the mall, got some great deals on clothes for Erika. My kind of shopping. :) (Okay, any shopping is my kind.)
Stay tuned for fabulous spring break activities!!!
2 comments:
Yay for spring break!! Enjoy. :)
Enjoy your Spring Break! Put your feet up and relax. Wish I was there so we could enjoy some daily walks and talks on the couch with Starbucks... miss those!
Post a Comment