Thursday, March 17, 2011

"You look tired."

Those that know me well are already smiling.  They so know how I LOATH that phrase.  (it's almost as bad as the perky "have you lost weight?!?" ...don't get me started)  When you've had a long day or a rough night, often it shows.  There are many times that it's all I can do to get through the day just to get closer to the weekend, where things don't have to run on such a rigid schedule.  How I love those days where breakfast can just happen when it happens, and coffee can be sipped until cool, then topped up and sipped again.  But, I digress...
Please, everyone, don't tell people they look tired.  You might as well tell them they look like crap.  Ask instead how their day is going, or how much you're looking forward to the weekend, or just make polite conversation.  C'mon people, a little compassion for the person who's life often shows through them!  *Done rant*
On another note, in addition to the many, many new English words Erika is coming up with these days (Gramma being the latest); Erika used her 1st Spanish one today- abre (open).  No, Rick and I do not speak the language, it's all thanks to Dora.  :)  Oh, my little sponge.

1 comment:

barbara said...

Am so excited to hear the new word... not the Spanish one.. but the other one!! Oh, I can also supply you with a cd of Spanish words she can learn from .. then, she can teach me! Can't wait to get home.. :)