Wednesday, March 30, 2011

On the way!

So, no painting yet.  I thought we'd be ready today to do the fun stuff- i.e. paint, put up fixtures, sit back and admire, drink in hand...but no.  Today was spent taking down wall paper, sanding, patching, more sanding and washing walls. The old mirror and beat-up door was taken down, and still more patching and sanding. 
I see progress, and am anxious for tomorrow when I see results.  Rick is still doing the greater load of the renos, but I am contributing.  :)  (More than I thought I'd be up for!)  Okay, time for pic updates.

The "during" shots:

 Where the huge mirror was.  We'll be putting up a framed one in it's place.

 The awesome patch job Rick did of the damaged drywall by the fan leak.  There's still slight discoloration on the old drywall from years of moisture, but that will be painted over.  This was a HUGE job, and I'm so happy with his result. 

 The area where I removed the wall paper. It came off easily (as easy as wall paper does, i assume) and it wasn't a large area.  There were many holes hidden behind the paper.  Yikes.

On a side note, Erika wanted an orange, and couldn't understand why it tasted "yu-ty" (yucky) :D Had to explain to her that we had to take off the wrapper.  Priceless.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Can't wait to see the end result of the bathroom, looks like you've got a ton accomplished already. Love the orange, silly girl.

calicogirl said...

You're inspiring me to start on my house... soon. LOL Laughing about silly Erika and the orange. LOVE HER.

Michelle said...

Looks like it's moving along pretty quickly! Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Erika's so cute! :D Hugs!