Shopping for me is the finding of deals, the casual strolling and browsing, the conversation that takes place whilst doing the before-mentioned.
Home improvement stores mean none of those things. The staples that you need are almost never on sale, we're always in a rush to get home and start the project, and for every item you put in the cart; the work and clean-up at home multiplies by 1000. I dislike the time home improvements take, the mess it creates and the fatigue afterwards. If I had the money, I would LOVE to pay an individual/team to do this for me. (I know, wouldn't most people?)
So, yesterday, we bought a few things to improve our bathroom- some cosmetic (paint, fixtures, mirror) and some necessary (new bathroom exhaust fan, drywall for the ceiling, along with necessary supplies). During the quick thaw a month ago, our ceiling started dripping; due to a leaky fan and poor insulation and seals. The fan also ceased to work. Repairs must be done, and spring break calls for those ventures, right? :P The cosmetic fixes were much-overdue, as we've had nothing done to our bathroom since we moved in. This fact still does not motivate me.
Today was spent with Rick up in the rafters (at the lowest point, mainly lying horizontal in order to get the work done, fyi) and me spending time with my ailing daughter with croup. (In Erika's case, basically a bad cold) Afterwards, I took charge of the clean-up and the piles and piles and piles of loose insulation that rained down from the attic as Rick was working, into the bathroom and hallway. (Also many other places from him as he came down for breaks/supplies.) It really is a good thing that Rick is very ambitious and filled with vision for these projects; otherwise I would really fear for the fate of our house. :)
The bathroom will look amazing when we're done this week... but I despise the journey.
Before/After pics to come.

**On a side note, I'm reading an amazing book- Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda. I haven't been able to put it down, if you're looking for a good read...
1 comment:
Sounds like your spring break has begun at a busy speed, repairing a ceiling problem is not fun and don't envy you with your duties as assigned. Also looking after an ill child. Glad you are enjoying the book, I knew you would.
Post a Comment