Then there's the benefit of routine. On the most part kids love routine. They feel safe with knowing what will happen daily, and school provides that assurance. Breaks are the exception, to this case. It's fun for the first while to sleep late, play video games all day, snack and nap whenever, but it does get old. This brings to mind this appropriate quote;
"Holidays are enticing only for the first week or so. After that, it is no longer such a novelty to rise late and have little to do."
In any case, I do believe that the breaks are for the adults; especially the ones working in schools. I mean, over the past 2 weeks alone, there has been rampant spring fever running through the adolecents in the building- fights, emotional outbursts, heightened attitude, and general outrageous teenage behaviour in general. Add to that a sloppy wet mess that brings the "wet adolecent" smell in the air (oh, you know what smell I mean!!) and mud and dampness everywhere.Margaret Laurence
Yup, can't wait for the break to recharge.
In an upside, the last week of school before spring break is traditionally Spirit Week. FUN! Today's theme was Wacky Hair Day, and instead of crazying up my own hair, I go the more outrageous (in my opinion) and wear a wig. It's an awesome one I borrow ever year from my sister; and often get told I should get my hair done like that. (Never going to happen though) It is a shock factor, because the wig looks very real and people often can't tell wether it's my real hair or not; especially the kids. Yay for this Friday- PJ Day!!!
Taken with my iphone camera- pardon the quality. :)

1 comment:
I feel ya on "only Tuesday?" I can't believe there are still 3 days more school days left! hurry up time, lol!
Post a Comment