I don't mind mornings. I don't always cringe when the alarm goes off, or when I hear a sweet voice saying "all done"on Saturday or Sunday mornings. However, at 11:40 last night I was awoken by the worst noise ever to be awoken to; the sound of your child getting sick. All over. :/
Of course, it doesn't stop there. Begin 2.5 hours of cleaning bedding, thinking they're done, cleaning MORE bedding, and comforting through the 2 hours of dry heaves. Soooooo heartbreaking. I can't even tell you a reason for the episode, other than I think she overindulged the night before. A LOT. And, to quote a line from "2 and a half men" it was "Time for everyone to get out of the pool!". No fun. I took the comfort role, Rick the clean-up one.
The rest of the night brought me 3 hours of sleep after much cuddles and comfort, and then work for me (as I had reports to write, student teacher to greet, and science projects to finish), day at home for Erika and Ricky. Needless to say, early to bed for me tonight!!
Good news is, Erika seems to be no worse for wear,and sound asleep now.
Here's how Erika spend much of her day- with her newly washed favorite Dora pillow, covered up.
3 comments:
Yikes! Poor Erika. :( I always hated the clean up duty. I would get sick myself! Ewwww. I much preferred the cuddles. :) Hope she's feeling better now and you get a better night of sleep tonight.
Oh dear...sounds bad. I hope you managed to get a better night's sleep and feel slightly more rested to face the day! Poor Erika, too.
That sucks big time! Glad to hear that it seems to have been short lived and no lasting effects. Hope you all got a better night's sleep last night! :)
Post a Comment